Friday, December 14, 2007

All-nighters give you lower grades


I saw this article stating that students who study all night have lower grades than those who don't. I was surprised at all. In my 14 years teaching at the college level, I learned that studying all night only does the following:


1) makes you cranky

2) makes you hate school

3) makes you too tired to remember anything that you learned the night before

4) stresses you the hell out


I continuously tell my students to remember the importance of consistency in their studying, but of course they don't listen. There's always this persistent image of the college student staying up all night, drinking tons of coffee and doing a bunch of other stuff that is only going to make his/her life miserable.


This study didn't surprise me at all, and I am only shocked that the information is just now becoming public knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think one of your advertisements caused my internet browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.